Effective Date: January 1, 2023
This Policy applies only to information we collect at and through our Website. It does not apply to information we collect in other ways, including at the Aqua Marina Beach Club hotel or resort location.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address or telephone number (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information We use the personal and non-personal information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our Website.
- Improve, personalize, and expand our Website.
- Understand and analyze how you use our Website.
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality.
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the Website, and for marketing and promotional purposes.
- Send you emails and messages such as communications relating to the Website and special offers.
- Find and prevent fraud.
How We Share Your Information We may share personal and non-personal information we collect about you as follows:
- With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers (“Service Providers”) who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf. For example, we may provide credit card and other payment information to payment processors to process payments; provide information about you to any Service Provider we use to provide Website hosting, maintenance and security, etc. Service Providers are prohibited from using personal information we share with them for any purpose other than to provide services on our behalf or under our instruction.
- With Meta Platforms and other third party platforms, services, applications or websites to provide targeted content and advertising. For more information on how Meta Platforms collects and uses information to show targeted advertisements, please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy. If you access the Website through a third-party connection, login or linking mechanism, we may share certain usage data or other information with that third party.
- To third parties when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: comply with a legal obligation, such as a subpoena, legal process or court order; enforce or apply our terms and conditions or other agreements; protect our company, users, customers or others; or protect rights, property or personal safety. This may include exchanging information with other companies, organizations and individuals for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your consent or at your discretion, such as when you choose to include Personal Information in a User Contribution that you submit for publication or authorize us to share it with another company, for example a social media app.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- We may also share aggregated, anonymized or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
You may opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many ad networks. For more information about opting out of targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. Please note you must opt out separately from each ad network.
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites and other online services with which a user communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established and accepted, we may revisit our policy on responding to these signals.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions and such will be encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the control over your information as described below:
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you decide at any time you no longer wish to receive promotional communications from us, you may opt-out by informing us using the contact information provided below. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may click on the unsubscribe link contained within it to opt out. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you important administrative messages regarding the Website and any transactions you request or business we conduct.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by informing us using the contact information provided below.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Data Subject Rights for EU Individuals
If you are located in the EU, you have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) in relation to your personal data collected by us through your use of this Website. You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to “Contact Information” to find out how to reach us. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
In your request, please make clear what personal data you would like to access, correct, delete, object to us using and processing, or request portability of. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the personal data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with applicable law.
Please note that we often need to retain certain data for recordkeeping purposes, to complete transactions or to comply with our legal obligations. There may also be residual data that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as needed to provide services to you unless a longer retention period is required by law. We will also retain and use your personal data for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights.
Use of Website by Minors
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 16 through our Website without parental consent. If you are under 16, please do not give us any personal data. If you believe that we might have any personal data from or about a child under 16, please contact us using the contact information below and we will delete that information.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, our Privacy Statement, the ways in which we collect and use your personal information, your choices and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: (787) 823-2593
Postal Address: Aqua Marina Beach Club, Attn: Privacy Officer, 556 Black Eagle Street, Rincon, PR 00677